Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Got my car back!

Finally!

I’ve got my car back and I am as happy as peach. After riding the train for the last 4 days, it was good to get back into the driver’s seat and be in control again. This is not to say the train rides were bad. I mean, there was some inconvenience (Sook Ching had to drive me to and back from the station, and between station and office I had to hop into a cab). At least I could read: I revisited (speed-read) David Albert’s inspiring 'And The Skylark Sings With Me,' ploughed through Stephen King’s 'On Writing', and I’m close to finishing Elizabeth George’s 'In the Presence of the Enemy.'

Now, I’m going to slip my new October Project titular CD into the player, turn the volume up while I enjoy the drive home. Never mind the jams.

OP’s Mary Fahl’s alto contralto voice beckons.

No comments: