Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's Nurin.

The dead they sleep a long, long sleep;

The dead they rest, and their rest is deep;

The dead have peace, but the living weep.

Samuel Hoffenstein



It's been confirmed. It was eight-year old Nurin Jazlin Jazimin's body that was found in the sports bag. We're all so deeply sorry. Our hearts are with the family.

"What else can I say. The DNA test shows she is my daughter. I will accept the will of God,” said Norazian.

"As a mother, I still hope the body is not my daughter's. No mother will accept the reality that her daughter was raped and killed brutally,” she was quoted as saying.

"Only God knows the extent of my sadness and grief," she said in tears
. [Malaysiakini]

1 comment:

Samuel Goh Kim Eng said...

To Samuel Hoffenstein's poem quoted may I add the 4th line:

The dead have piece (evidence), but the living (criminal[s])creep!


O God, how we try to understand the parents' agony
In the face of such gross, cruel and drastic felony
Without falling back with the excuse of being a colony
Without all the apologists' crap and baloney

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng
Motivationinmotion.blogspot.com
Thur. 20th Sept. 2007.